With less than two weeks to go, we are pleased to announce the full agenda for the IPTC Spring Meeting 2022.
The IPTC Spring Meeting 2022 will be held virtually from Monday May 16th to Wednesday May 18th, from 1300 – 1800 UTC each day.
IPTC member representatives can view the full agenda and register at https://iptc.org/moz/events/spring-meeting-2022/
Highlights of the meeting include:
- Updates from all IPTC Working Groups, including Photo Metadata, Video Metadata, NewsCodes, Sports Content, NewsML-G2 and News in JSON
- Updates from the IPTC PR Committee and the IPTC Standards Committee, including votes on proposed new versions of IPTC standards
- Invited presentations from:
- United Robots, presenting their “robot journalism” system built for media companies
- Axate‘s micropayments system for publishers
- Kairntech presenting their content classification system used by Agence France-Presse among others
- Bria.ai‘s image generation and manipulation API backed with cutting-edge artificial intelligence
- Consultant Henrik de Gyor speaking on the latest developments in synthetic media
- Laurent Le Meur from EDRLab discussing the W3C Text and Data Mining Community Group’s recommendation for a Text and Data Mining Reservation Protocol
- Member presentations:
- Recently-joined IPTC members will have a chance to introduce themselves and their organisations to the IPTC membership
- The New York Times presenting their “Papertrail” system used to target advertising based on content metadata
- Margaret Warren from ImageSnippets discussing what she learned when creating NFTs from her artwork
- Member discussions:
- IPTC members will be discussing how we might be able to simplify rights management with a cut-down basic set of rights assertions, possibly creating a simpler alternative to RightsML
- IPTC members will also be discussing the News Architecture and how we can better utilise the key data model that underlies both NewsML-G2 and ninjs
- and more!
Attendance to the 2022 IPTC Spring Meeting is free for all delegates and member experts from IPTC member organisations.
Invited speakers are welcome to attend the day on which they are speaking.