Summer Meeting 2016
13 – 15 June 2016, Stockholm ( Sweden)
This face-to-face meeting of IPTC Delegates and other participants covered these items:
- Fotoware (Norway) will present their tools for the most demanding photo editors in the world that help them to create better stories
- Infomaker (Sweden) will present its Newspilot and their use of NewsML-G2
- J++ (Journalism++) project
- Mittmedia (Sweden): focus on the use of APIs, automated creation of text news by text robots, data-driven journalism
- Profium (Finland), the Semantic Technology expert, will show
- Use of multicast in news environment
- Visualization of “who gets what”: a dashboard for news providers/news agencies
- Sourcefabric of Central Europe will present its Superdesk system and other tools.
- TT, the Swedish news agency, will show us their current business focus and technology
- VG (Norway): presentation of the challenges of a newspaper while “going digital”.
Discussion and work on these topics
- SportsML 3.0 – the new XML format for sports data is ready for approval
- Sports-in-JSON: update on this JSON format for sports data
- IPTC Extra project: introduction of the EXTraction Rules Apparatus, a multilingual open-source platform for rules-based classification of news content.
- Rights expressions: update on activites by IPTC members and the W3C Permissions and Obligations Expressions (POE) Working Group
- IKOS-JSON: a JSON format for controlled vocabularies – close to W3C SKOS with a few IPTC specific toppings.
- IPTC Photo Metadata Conference and other work in this area.
- IPTC Video Metadata Draft #4