Software that supports IPTC Photo Metadata
Find below how photo software vendors claim to support IPTC Photo Metadata and optionally what test images show.
The data have been provided by the vendor of the software, for some products also test-based data about the support of IPTC Photo Metadata is available.
The test-based support of up to three products can be compared, you have to tick “Add product …” in the table about a product and finally click the Compare support of max 3 selected products of IPTC fields link at the bottom of the tables. The comparison of these products is shown in the sequence they have been selected on this page.
List of software in alphabetical order
Legend for all rows inside a product’s table:
- Software type: shows if the software is made of use on desktops/laptops or smartphones/tables or if it is a Server-Client system or a Software as a Service with a web browser as client.
- Only if the software can be used with an operating system out of Windows, Mac OS X, Linux, iOS and Android the supported operating system versions are shown.
If the this is a Software as a Service the web browsers supporting this service are shown.
- IPTC Core fields in IIM: shows if this software supports IPTC Core fields using the technical IIM format for embedding metadata and if many/some/few/no fields of IPTC Core are supported.
- IPTC Core fields in XMP: shows if this software supports IPTC Core fields using the technical XMP format for embedding metadata and if many/some/few/no fields of IPTC Core are supported.
- Synchronizes Core fields: IPTC Core fields may be embedded in parallel using the IIM and the XMP formats. This row indicates how values are synchronized between IIM and XMP: in both directions (⇄) , from IIM to XMP only (⇒) or from XMP to IIM only (⇐), or not at all.
- IPTC Extension fields in XMP: show if many/some/few/no fields defined by IPTC for the Extension are supported.
- Show details of IPTC support of this product *): clicking this link leads to a list of all IPTC Photo Metadata fields and how each one is supported by this product.
- Add product to the “Compare the IPTC … support …” *): ticking the checkbox adds this product to a list of max three products. After the Compare the IPTC Photo Metadata support … link at the bottom is clicked a list of all IPTC Photo Metadata fields is shown and how each one is supported by each selected product.
- *) note: a row with these two options is only shown if a test of supported fields for this product is available.
- Product web page: link of a page shared by the vendor at the time of submitting these data to IPTC.
- “… Vendor …” fields: information shared by the vendor
- Data provided by vendor on: date when the data have been shared. IPTC has included them into this database.